Sunday, January 20, 2008

shopping local


Went to the Hollywood Farmers Market today to shop for my vegetables locally. One of my New Years resolutions is to schedule the local markets into my life instead of buying everything at Whole Foods at my convenience. Also making a conscious effort to eat more leafy greens on a regular basis after hearing this week's Good Food interview on KCRW with the author of the Omnivore's Dilemma. It was a warm and beautiful January day here in LA and all the food looked amazing as usual. I am still in training because my eyes get bigger than my ability to possibly cook all the food that I end up buying just because of their good looks. I'm working on it, I have all year don't I!?

ps. Sat at the same table, elbow to elbow, to Gwen Stefani (crazy!) + family at the farmers market.. totally surreal...

1 comment:

. . . said...

love the markets in our area...south pasadena on thursdays and pasadena on saturday mornings. i love eating with the seasons and in harmony with the timing of food.