Friday, July 22, 2011

acupuncture and quinoa

Added acupuncture this last few months to deal with some personal health stuff. It's totally up my alley. Eastern medicine has a more holistic approach to the body so in addition to needles and herbs, I've been asked to limit my diet and exercise daily. In general, I've been averting wheat, alcohol, caffeine, and sweets, 80% of the time. I've been going for 30-40 minute walks as well as doing 15-30 min of yoga 6-7 days a week. For the time being, I have officially made it a priority above lots of other things I'd love to be doing, but it's been worth is. My body feels stronger and I kinda feel a little younger, haha! Also starting to meditate again, that'll be interesting!

I've had to make "Emilyn friendly food" for a few parties already. This quinoa dish was a good one!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You don't look a day over 29!!

So happy you are feeling good.
Thanks for sharing pics of the quinoa!
Xx