- Turn Off Lights You're Not Using
- Schedule an Energy Audit - have done my own self audit, but I wonder what a professional would say
- Let Your Dishwasher Breathe - by skipping the drying cycle, yes
- Shift Your Load to Off-Peak Times - done!
- Don't heat or Cool Empty Rooms - installed 2 new fans last March to prevent using AC as often
- Turn off Electronics - turn off computer if gone for more than 1 hour
- Eliminate Phantom Load" - damn those phantoms, we're still working on this one, recently ordered those new power strips that turn off peripherals, more on that later.
- Eliminate Your Second Fridge - does the wine fridge count?? yes, darn. ok, have to talk to the spouse about this one.
- Wash Clothes in Cold Water - most of the time :)
- Give the Dryer a Rest - with the summer heat, hang drying has been my big project as of late, more on that soon.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Reminder about Energy Saving Tips!
Got this link about Simple Energy Saving Tips: Level 1 from Co-op America this morning. These tips are perfect for the summer, especially to compensate for any AC we might be sneaking in on those super hot days. I did not realize there were levels, but I can see how it can get overwhelming without them! I think I've done everything but the energy audit. Even though I've read these tips a hundred times, I notice how great any reminder is because it's easy to slack!