Saturday, September 06, 2008

Going Veggie

I've been eating vegetarian as of late. It's not bad at all. There is so much good meatless food! And its especially easy in L.A. Today we had an all-you-can-eat lunch at the Tibet Nepal House for $8.99. It was delicious.

The reason for going veggie - I've been reading about animal cruelty on farms, hormones given to animals to make them beefier, and the fact that meat molecules more readily attract cancer cells.

I successfully ate vegetarian for one month straight. That was my first test. I am back to eating some meat, very little though, am completely off beef, and weening off pork and chicken (having a hard time not eating small amounts at family parties). Not sure yet if I'll give up fish entirely. I know that diet makes a big difference in health - obvious in my skin, allergies I used to have, my regularity, and in my weight.

Also had the idea that during my senior years, I would be vegetarian to keep from taking all the crazy medication my older relatives take.

1 comment:

LL said...

props to you girl. i went veggie almost 3 years ago and have never looked back. you'll find you'll eat so much tastier food then before, plus save countless lives!! if you need any help in your transition or what good books to read, just give me a shout. :)